This is what an exponent is and how it is used.
What: The exponent tells how many times to mutiply the base number.
How: 2*2*2*2=16 To get the answer I multiplied 2 times 2 first which gave me 4 then I took
the other 2 times 2 which gave me 4 again. I multiplied 4* 4 =16.
In a video game their is a character that doubles every minute and I've started with 2. How many would I have after 10 minutes?
Monday, September 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
32! Good job explaining the vocab. and how to do exponents. It would have been if you had mentioned that your example was 2 to the 4th power with 2 as the base and 4 as the exponent. Next time maybe you can find a link about the topic or a real world application of the topic.
Post a Comment